James 2:8-13 | Dr. Stephen Conley
James 2:8-13 | A Faith That Loves Others
- Love Others According to God’s Royal Law (vs. 8-11)
- This is the law of God’s Kingdom, and we are called to walk in His ways as His subjects.
- Favoritism violates God’s Law. When we sin, we offend the whole law because we are refusing to submit to the Law-Giver, God Himself.
- Love Others Under God’s Law of Liberty (vs. 12)
- Favoritism will be judged by God
- Precepts become promises in Christ, who sets us free to obey Him
- Love Others in Light of God’s Mercy (vs. 13)
· Favoritism shows an unmerciful spirit
· Our merciful attitudes and actions prove the presence of Christ’s mercy within us.