God With Us: From Darkness to Light | Dr. Stephen Conley December 7, 2020 Stephen Conley Advent
December 7, 2020 Preacher: Pastor Stephen Series: Advent: God With Us
Topic: Advent Scripture: Isaiah 1:2–4, Isaiah 8:5–22, Isaiah 7:14, Isaiah 9:1–7
The Darkness of Sin’s Captivity (Is. 1:2-4; 8:5-22)
- God’s people had rebelled against the Lord and forsaken His ways (Is. 1:2-4)
- God’s people would soon be taken into captivity by the Assyrians (Is. 8:5-10)
- God would not leave them or break His covenant!
The Light of the Messiah’s Eternal Kingdom (Is. 7:14; 9:1-7)
- Even amid the darkest of days, the light of the Messiah was already shining!
- God had a plan to rescue His people through the Messiah (Is. 7:14)
- The identity of the Messiah is declared as the Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace. (Is. 9:6-7)
- Even amid the darkest of times, God’s rescue plan will not fail!
More in Advent: God With Us
December 27, 2020God With Us: From Beginning to End | Dr. Stephen Conley
December 20, 2020God With Us: From Preexistent to Incarnate | Dr. Stephen Conley
December 14, 2020God With Us: From Sorrow to Comfort | Dr. Stephen Conley