Tempted, Tried, and Triumphant | Dr. Stephen Conley
Topic: Temptation Scripture: Mark 1:12–13, Matthew 4:1–11
Texts: Mark 1:12-13; Matthew 4:1-11
The Setting of Christ’s Temptation (Mark 1:12-13)
- Christ’s temptation is set in the wilderness without food or worldly comforts.
- Christ’s temptation was Satan’s strategic assault on His mission to the cross.
The Schemes of Satan’s Temptation (Matt. 4:1-11)
- The temptation of self-sufficiency
- The temptation of self-preservation
- The temptation of self-exaltation
The Strategy of Christ’s Triumph over Temptation (Matt. 4:1-11)
- In each encounter with Satan, Christ wielded the Word of God as His weapon against Satan’s schemes.
- Like Christ, we must trust in God’s sufficient Word for victory over temptation.