Jesus, the New and True Wine | Dr. Stephen Conley
Topic: Gospel Scripture: Mark 2:18–22
Text: Mark 2:18-22
Jesus Must be Received and Believed (2:18-20)
- Feasting, not fasting, is appropriate when the bridegroom is near.
- Truth: Jesus is the Bridegroom and He must be believed as the Son of God.
Jesus’ Message Cannot Be Combined or Contained (2:21-22)
- New cloth is unsuitable for old garments.
- New wine is uncontainable in old wineskins.
- Truth: Jesus’ message cannot be added to a religious system.