Our Confession and God’s Cleansing | Dr. Stephen Conley
Text: Psalm 51
Heart Confession (51:1-6)
- David cries out to God for mercy, looking to His steadfast love.
- David cries out to God for a thorough restoration and forgiveness.
- Only God can forgive us from our sins and wash us clean from guilt.
Heart Cleansing (51:7-12)
- David pleads with God to purify his heart from sin and guilt.
- Only God can create a clean heart within us, renew us, and restore our joy.
Heart Consecration (51:13-19)
- David turns from confession of sin to praising the Lord for His salvation.
- When our hearts are consecrated to God, we will walk in humility and repentance.
More in Psalms
August 29, 2021How God Blesses and Builds His People
August 22, 2021The All-Encompassing Praise that Belongs to God
August 15, 2021Living in a Temporal World Under An Eternal God | Dr. Stephen Conley