Jesus, the Lord of the Sabbath | Dr. Stephen Conley
Topic: Gospel Scripture: Mark 2:23–3:6
Text: Mark 2:23-3:6
The Sabbath Explained and the Lord Revealed (2:23-28)
- Jesus explains that the Sabbath was instituted to serve people, not for people to serve the Sabbath.
- Jesus reveals Himself as equal to God as the Lord of the Sabbath.
A Hand Healed and Hardened Hearts Exposed (3:1-6)
- Jesus heals a man on the Sabbath, proving He is Lord of all.
- Jesus exposes the hardened hearts of the Pharisees.
- Jesus is our Sabbath Rest (Matthew 11:28-30; Hebrews 4:1-16).