Jesus, the Great I Am
Topic: Faith Scripture: Mark 6:45–6:56
Text: Mark 6:45-56
The Great I Am Intercedes (Mark 6:45-46)
- Jesus dismisses His disciples and the crowd.
- Jesus departs to the mountain to be alone with His Father and pray.
The Great I Am Intervenes (Mark 6:47-52)
- Jesus walks on the water toward His disciples by displaying His deity (see Job 9:1-8; Isaiah 43:1-3).
- Jesus dispels the disciples’ fears, proclaiming by His identity.
- Jesus confronts disciples’ hardened hearts, by proving His Lordship over all things.
The Great I Am Interacts (Mark 6:53-56)
- Jesus personally gives Himself to those in desperate need, knowing that He alone is what they need most of all.