Zechariah's Song of Prophecy
Topic: Advent Scripture: Luke 1:67–80
Text: Luke 1:67-80
God’s Promised Redeemer (1:67-75)
- God promised to personally come to visit and redeem His people
- God promised to fulfill His covenant and display His mercy to His people.
- God promised to save His people unto sanctified service to Him.
God’s Promised Forerunner (1:76-80)
- The Messiah would be preceded by a forerunner who would prepare the way by preaching salvation through repentance and forgiveness (see Isaiah 40:3-5).
- The Messiah would come to give light and life to those in darkness and death (see Malachi 4:2).