The Angels' Song of Glory and Peace
Topic: Advent Scripture: Luke 2:8–2:14
Text: Luke 2:8-14
The Scope of the Gospel Story (2:8-10)
- God kept His promise to His people in condescending to the lowest of towns and to the lowest of people for the purpose of redemption (Isaiah 61:1; Micah 5:2-5).
- The Gospel is the good news of great joy for all people who believe it (John 15:1-11; Romans 15:8-13).
The Savior of the Gospel Story (2:11-12)
- The Gospel comes to all people through the Savior, Christ the Lord
- “Savior” refers to Jesus, the One who will save us and forgive us from our sins.
- “Christ” refers to the One who is the Anointed King and promised Messiah.
- “Lord” refers to the One who is Yahweh or Jehovah.
The Summit of the Gospel Story (2:13-14)
- The culmination of the Gospel is the glory of God and peace with God in Christ.
- True peace comes from God and from His good pleasure to reconcile Himself to sinful man through the Gospel.