Jesus, the Merciful Savior
Topic: Mercy Scripture: Mark 10:46–10:52
The Sinner’s Desperate Plea for Mercy (10:46-48)
- The blind man is undaunted in his pursuit of Jesus and His mercy.
- The blind man did not need to see Jesus and His miracles of healing to believe that He was the Messiah.
- The blind man serves as an illustration to us as sinners in need of God’s mercy to save us.
The Savior’s Deep Display of Mercy (10:49-52)
- Jesus condescends to the blind man’s need and displays His mercy to him.
- Jesus restores the blind man’s sight in response to his faith in Him as Savior.
- This is a picture of the Gospel in how Jesus saves us by His mercy and grace.