Trusting God Through Trials
Topic: Trials Scripture: Psalm 13:1–6
Text: Psalm 13
God’s Apparent Absence (13:1-2)
- David’s perspective is that God has abandoned him as he cries out, “How long?”
- We need to filter our feelings of God’s absence through the truth of God’s omnipresence.
God’s Apparent Indifference (13:3-4)
- David’s perspective is that God is not at work for His good.
- We need to filter our feelings of God’s indifference through the truth of God’s omniscience.
God’s Bountiful Love and Goodness (13:5-6)
- David’s perspective changes as he trusts in God, rejoices in God, and sings to God.
- We need to allow God’s unfailing love and unchanging goodness to shape our perspective.