The God of Forgiveness
Topic: Forgiveness Scripture: Psalm 32:1–11
Text: Psalm 32
From Sinner to Forgiven (32:1-2)
- The blessing of forgiveness is extended to sinners who have their sins covered by the Lord.
- The blessing of imputation is extended to sinners who have their sins covered by the Lord.
From Conviction to Confession (32:3-5)
- In His grace, God convicts us of our sin to lead us to our confession and His forgiveness.
From Judgment to Deliverance (32:6-7)
- Once we belong to God, we no longer need to fear God’s judgment, but find our refuge in the One who delivered us from our sins (see also Romans 8:1).
From Sorrow to Joy (32:8-11)
- The Lord promises to intentionally instruct and counsel us despite our rebellious hearts.
- The way of the wicked leads to sorrow while the way of the righteous leads to confidence and joy in the Lord.