Truth That Leads to Godliness
May 14, 2023 Preacher: Stephen Conley Series: Titus: Doctrine and Devotion
Topic: Doctrine Scripture: Titus 1:1–4
Text: Titus 1:1-4
A Purposeful Identity (Titus 1:1)
- Paul identifies himself as a servant of God who was sent by God.
- Paul’s mission was to connect truth and godliness for Christ-followers in Crete.
- By God’s grace, we are servants who have been called and sent out for the Gospel’s sake.
An Eternal Hope (Titus 1:2-3)
- Paul grounds our eternal security in the eternal promises of God that are inscribed in God’s unfailing Word.
- Paul’s preaching of the Gospel is directed by the Word and centered on Christ.
A Gospel Partnership (Titus 1:4)
- Paul writes to his son in the faith with whom he shares a spiritual partnership through God’s grace and peace.
- Our partnership as believers is fundamentally grounded in Christ, through His grace and peace in the Gospel.
More in Titus: Doctrine and Devotion
May 28, 2023The Marks of Christlike Eldership, Part 1
April 30, 2023Doctrine and Devotion: An Overview of Titus