Jesus, the Promised Savior-King
Topic: Kingdom Scripture: Mark 11:1–11:11
Text: Mark 11:1-11
The Savior-King’s Providential Plan (11:1-7)
- The divine fulfillment of Scripture
- The divine authority of the Messiah
The Savior-King’s Dramatic Entrance (11:8-10; Luke 19:39-40)
- Jesus receives the praise of the people who do not fully grasp His identity.
- Jesus receives criticism from the Pharisees who are bent on destroying Him (Luke 19:39-40).
The Savior-King’s Temple Visit and Tears For the People (11:11; Luke 19:41-44)
- A silent survey of the temple
- A present cry of compassion
- A future scene of judgment